Thursday, December 10, 2009

The gale (O vendaval)


Today I would like to photograph the wind that bends the trees outside my window, whispering secrets that I struggle to understand, making me think of hammocks, caresses, lightness. Today I would like to photograph the happiness that involves me some days, making me feel like the air is lifting me and taking me for a walk in the clouds. Today I would like to photograph the ideas for a poem that come to me in such vivid forms that I feel like stretching my hands and touching them. Today I would like to photograph all these things that affect me deeply even though I can’t grab or possess them.

Where is my camera when I need it the most? It is right here by my side. However, it is rendered useless when I want to register a moment that comes and goes so fast, that it exists only in my memory. All the photographs, are they really important? Aren’t the significant moments the ones that we were busy living and not trying to commit to posterity?

I am in a meditative mood today... Might be the gusts of wind, so strong that seem to shake the house, that keep throwing my thoughts in different directions. Might be just me, not knowing what to do about so many aspects of my life. A long time ago, we used to consult the fortunetellers when we were in need of answers. Today, I turn on the computer and type the words “O que devo fazer?” (What should I do?) in Google. I get an article from Orson Peter Carrara in the Portal do Espírito (Spirit Portal), a reference to the Spirit Doctrine in the Internet - http://www.espirito.org.br/. I have to smile, remembering that there is no such a thing as coincidence. These days, I have been reading a lot about Spiritism, going weekly to a Spiritist Center and translating a book about Depression written from a Brazilian spiritist. We get exactly what we need when we ask for help…

In the article from Orson Peter Carrara, he talks not about what we should do for ourselves, which was exactly my concern, but about what we should do for the others. Maybe if I were thinking about what I can do for the world instead of what the world should do for me, my mind would not be in this whirlpool in which it is today…


O VENDAVAL
Hoje gostaria de fotografar o vento que curva as árvores do lado de fora da minha janela, sussurrando segredos que me esforço para entender, fazendo-me pensar em redes, carícias, leveza. Hoje gostaria de fotografar a felicidade que me envolve alguns dias, fazendo-me sentir como se o ar estivesse me levantando e me levando para um passeio nas nuvens. Hoje gostaria de fotografar as ideias de um poema que aparecem em formas tão vívidas que tenho a impressão de poder estender as mãos para tocá-las. Hoje gostaria de fotografar todas essas coisas que me afetam profundamente mesmo que não possa agarrá-las ou possuí-las.

Onde está a minha máquina fotográfica quando mais preciso dela? Está aqui mesmo ao meu lado. No entanto, ela se torna inútil quando tento registrar um momento que vem e vai tão rápido, que só existe na minha memória. Será que as fotografias são realmente importantes? Será que os momentos mais significativos não são aqueles que vivemos intensamente, em vez de nos preocupar em registrá-los para a posteridade?

Hoje estou num estado de espírito meditativo. Pode ser que seja por causa das rajadas do vento, tão fortes que parecem sacudir a casa, atirando meus pensamentos em direções diferentes. Pode ser apenas eu mesma, confusa, sem saber o que fazer a respeito de muitos aspectos da minha vida. Nos tempos antigos, consultávamos as cartomantes quando precisávamos de respostas. Hoje, ligo o computador e digito "O que devo fazer?" no Google. Recebo em resposta um artigo de Orson Peter Carrara no Portal do Espírito, uma referência para a doutrina espírita na internete - http://www.espirito.org.br/. Sorrio, lembrando que não existe coincidência. Ultimamente, tenho lido muito sobre Espiritismo, vou semanalmente a um Centro Espírita e estou traduzindo um livro sobre depressão escrito por um espírita brasileiro. Recebemos exatamente aquilo que precisamos quando pedimos ajuda ...

No artigo de Orson Peter Carrara, ele fala não sobre o que devemos fazer para nós mesmos, que era exatamente a minha dúvida, mas sobre o que devemos fazer para os outros. Talvez se eu pensasse sobre o que posso fazer para o mundo em vez de me preocupar com o que o mundo deve fazer para mim, minha mente não estaria neste turbilhão em que está hoje ...

1 comment:

  1. Escrever um texto assim e tocar as pessoas tão a fundo é fazer algo por esse mundo, acredite.

    To write something like this and touch people so deeply means to do something for this world, belive me.

    ReplyDelete